7.13.2006

home

Last night I went to bed at 2am, which is bad but not unusual. What was unusual was hearing the alarm clock go off at 6am. We wake up to news radio because I like to know the weather, traffic, and which country is blowing up another country that day. This morning it was more news about Israel. What's annoying is that I always fall asleep again immediately after the alarm wakes me up and I incorporate the morning's news into a dream. My dream this morning involved packing up in a hotel in Israel and getting the hell out of the country. Our guide was a man wearing a black burka trying to put eye drops into his eye. I have no idea what that was about.

At 6:40 am I had to crawl out of bed and get Simon to SFO to catch his flight to Toronto. I couldn't open my left eye because my body loses partial function when I don't get my 8-9 hours of sleep. He drove there as I tried to will myself into consciousness. I got my eye halfway open by the time I had to drive myself back. I got home and got back into bed and woke up at 10:45am. I decided that I'd work at home today which was actually pretty awesome especially since I'd have to go to work in either pajamas, a halloween costume, or a prom dress tomorrow if I didn't do a load or two of laundry today. Unfortunately Simon's set up of the Slingbox hosed our wireless network so my connection on my laptop has been spotty. Thank you neighbour for lending me your unsecured wireless connection. I think I'll head to the gym and then get some groceries.

No comments: