3.05.2006

ORD

I'm writing this from Chicago O'Hare where my plane home is delayed 2 hours because it snowed today. It wasn't sticking but there was a good layer of slush on the ground and probably enough to mess up the flight schedules. The guy sitting across from me is reading Voltaire's Candide and is holding up the book to make sure everyone can see what he's reading. I dunno but if that doesn't scream of "I'm trying so hard to pick up chicks it hurts" then I'm not sure what does. Another guy sitting next to him saw the Canada patch on my backpack looked up and told us that he and his wife used to put Canada patches on all their luggage for international travel and it got them through airports a lot faster. I thought that was kinda funny.

I can't write too much more because I'm hogging the laptop but it was a good trip both through Chicago and Urbana-Champaign and I'll write more and post photos when I get home.

5 comments:

David Tellez said...

What does "ORD" mean? It's almost as confusing as that passenger's cool, slick way of picking up chicks...or dudes...you never know...

Fumbling said...

ORD is the code for Chicago OHare Airport. Each airport has a 3 letter code, e.g. LAX, SFO, OAK, ORD

egan said...

I am happy to hear about the UW news. Congrats to you and hope you make it back home safely.

Anonymous said...

holler at a player.

onewaybanter said...

That book blows. I had to read it in undergrad.

What a loser.

Also, Yay! Canada! I heard that on my trip to Europe as well.