8.16.2004

now and zen

So Morrissey and Tears for Fears are coming to Golden Gate Park for the Now and Zen concert. $35. Debating whether or not to go. Partly because I don't yet know what the weather will be like and I recall once going to something along the lines of Arts County Fair or something at UBC in the rain. People started a muddy mosh pit and some just started rolling around in the mud. People were hammered and I was on the verge of getting trampled. But then that was a bunch of drunk undergrads. I imagine people who might attend Now and Zen will be about a decade older. But still, not sure if I want to risk going in the rain or getting stepped on in the "open seating" (ie big field and a concert stage) arrangement. But by the looks of Morrissey, who seems to have aged about 30 years, there may not be another chance to see him. And $35 isn't too bad. Hmm I think I'm leaning towards going now.

5 comments:

head dump said...

I think the crowd is going to be very different from the undergrad. I dont' think anyone under 25 really knows who Tears for Fears are.

tine said...

I went to Now and Zen last year to see Duran Duran and that was absolute crazy fun. For some odd reason, it was like a hundred degrees in the city but it was cool jammin' to the old school stuff. Tears for Fears would be pretty dope to see =)

Mr. Syndromes said...

If I knew TFF was going to perform "Famous Last Words", i'd be there in a heartbeat if it was closer.

I taped a radio station live broadcast of a concert they did down here, eh... around 10 years ago I guess. Loved it! Too bad the casette is mangled now :/

prayforsnow said...

hmm I was probably one of those rolling in the mud. Well I remember sliding down the hill rather quickly.
That was for the Crash Test Dummies Arts County Fair. Sorry if I trampled you.

densetsu said...

I went to the first Coachella music arts festival back in 1999. 2 days of sweltering heat and dehydration. It had rough acts like Underworld, Rage against the Machine, Chemical Brothers and Cibo Matto. But the only violence that broke out was during the Morissey set. Whole bunch of kids who wanted to prove that they were more sensitive than these other kids, I guess.