3.29.2004

Back from Vancouver last night. I swear I tidied up before I left but everytime I come back from a trip there's these little gnomes who come into our place and make a huge mess for me - papers all over the coffee table, clothes on the couch, laundry hanging to dry in the living room *sigh*. Oh well, it was an awesome trip made even better by some great deals we got. First deal, hotel room we booked with Hotwire.com. It was one of those deals where you pick the price and hotel quality ($105 USD, 4 stars) but don't know what hotel you'll get, how many beds (minimum of two singles I think) and (what I realized later) whether or not the room is non-smoking. We lucked out and got a place at Le Chamois at the base of the Wizard lift at Blackcomb. It was non smoking and not just two beds, but two beds in two separate rooms with two tvs and two full bathrooms. Damn, we could've split the cost with 3 other people but unfortunately no one else could make it. The hotel room was sweet! Deal number two, we headed to Seymour on Saturday so I could teach Simon how to snowboard. Price should've been $25 for the equipment rental and $26 for each of our lift tix (after 4pm). Somehow we only got charged the price for rope tow ($14) instead of lift so the grand total for 2 lift tickets and a rental was $50. Later that evening we headed to the Latin Quarter (1305 Commercial Drive, awesome Spanish tapas) for dinner. We had two pitchers of sangria at $25 each and fed 5 people about a dozen dishes (ranging from $8 to 16, mostly around $12 I think). Somehow the bill came out to $168 (including tax). We think they didn't charge us for the second round of stuff we ordered but we didnt look at the bill too closely. All this brought flashbacks of these stupid quizzes I took for my ethics course and how the ethical thing to do is report anything you think was undercharged. Fortunately I've been ripped off too many times for me to feel guilty about things like this.

No comments: