3.22.2004

Apartment/condo living is always so hit and miss even if your place is nice. Well ours isn't what I call nice but my point really is that the variable you cannot control is what your neighbors are like. Back at Miramar, we loved the place but I wanted to kill my downstairs neighbor for launching unjustified complaints about noise (it was impossible to go up our spiral stairs without it echoing to his apartment, poor design, not our fault). Of course I fought back by complaining about him coming upstairs and peeking through our window. Now at Admiralty, our neighbour to the right is a really nice guy, really friendly. However we never see him with his wife. But I do get to hear her yell at him at the top of her lungs on average 3- 4 times a month. Obscenities and cursing aplenty I tell you. Soonafter, he usually goes out to his balcony and has a smoke which then carries into our apartment so I have to run around and shut all the windows. The family on the left side are these God-fearing people with a huge picture of Jesus and Mary on their front door. They're not terribly friendly. They also have this fucking windchime that goes crazy on windy days of which we had many last month. Simon wants to put up a sign that says "God hates windchimes". I just want to hop the divider on the balcony, rip it down and stuff it down the throat of their teenager who is currently blasting hip hop music that is shaking my walls. So any good neighbour stories?

No comments: