9.02.2005

my new PDA

So I decided that if I'm going to spend money on a used PDA, it has to be a Pocket PC because I really cannot stand Palm. I almost got a Toshiba for about $60 but then I thought, how much more would it cost to get one with wifi? That would be really handy with the free wifi I get at school and at the library. So I snooped around on eBay and found the cheapest to be Dell Axims. There's the older X3, followed by X5, X30, and the slick new X50 with 624 Mhz.

So I got on eBay. With $40 in my PayPal account from selling my old purses and clothes I was ready to get myself a new toy. After a fierce bidding war I won an auction for a slightly used Dell Axim X5 with Wifi card (no not internal in this version). $122.50 and $15 shipping for total of $137.50. 400 Mhz and expansion slots and all that stuff. But I'm not satisfied with just winning an auction, I have to watch a couple more to make sure I got a good deal.

So another X5 just sold 2 minutes ago. It was the same as mine but with an extra battery (they cost $8) and keyboard (about $25). That just sold for $170 and $10 shipping so $180. $40+ more than mine so I'm happy and I can continue going about my day.

No comments: