6.07.2005

poutine part deux

My trip back home has been nice and relatively uneventful. I checked out a restaurant called Guu on Saturday night on Robson @ Bidwell. It was awesome. Basically it's authentic cooked Japanese food, served tapas-style and very tasty with a big bottle of Sapporo to share. Kinda like Oidon but way the hell cheaper at about $20 per person to stuff yourself silly. From there we headed out to a friend of a friend's house where the host's cat bit me (how weird is that?), then out to Tokyo Lounge (now a house club) and then to Red Room (formerly the Drink and Madison's before that). My weekdays have been spent sitting at home sewing and makin' some jewellry with my new skills passed on from Jenn. Traffic is getting really bad by my house with so many people moving to my area. Having the biggest IKEA in BC 5 minutes away doesn't seem to help. I haven't minded staying home and chilling. I have a little shadow that follows me everywhere (at least upstairs because he's unable to maneuver down stairs.) Meet Bunny. Bunny sits next to me whenever I get on the computer.


Bunny hanging out with me in the computer room right now...

Oh yeah, today I had poutine with chicken at the Zellers (think Canadian Kmart) cafeteria today. $4.25...add chicken for $2. It was awesome. Big huge plate with chunks of cheese curds that melted really nicely with the hot fries and gravy. Not all cold and chunky like Burger King. The added chicken was a nice touch. I think I have to end my poutine testing now though. I went out to the mall to try some stuff on after my poutine meal and it was rather disastrous.

6 comments:

.:missy:. said...

Do they really sell poutine at Burger King? Why haven't I ever heard of this stuff? I mean, Michigan isn't THAT far from Canada.

hougee said...

guu is awesome.. there's one on Thurlow and robson ish... and also one in gastown.. they all serv diff dishes... gastown one u can skip.. but if u decide to check out the one on thurlow.. they got awesome kimchi fried rice :)

Fumbling said...

Burger King in Canada only :)

head dump said...

Guu is one of my favourite stops back home, it used to be Raiku or something. I don't know where to find that kindn of stuff down here.

That bunny is so cute, the black ears are adorable. It's so pudgy! At first I thought it was one of those animal slipper.

Ben said...

Dammit, I miss poutine a lot. Instead, I get stuck eating German food. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing really wrong with German food except the (lack of) nutritional value and a balanced palate.

Anonymous said...

Post more pics of your bunny please. What kind is it? What's it's name?