6.20.2005

impressive weddings

Typically, talking about weddings is rather nauseating for me. My own is nowhere within the foreseeable future and formalities generally make me uncomfortable. But I have to say that there are some little things that people do with their weddings that stand out my mind and I have to admit I take a little mental note (even though I'd never be able to afford most of this). Here's my shortlist:

- a guy stationed at a table rolling cigars the whole night for guests and a blond chick there to help put the cigars in a zip lock bag for you (OK so I don't like having the chick there, just the Cuban cigar roller)
- a huge bar carved out of ice
- bride and groom riding to a beach wedding atop an elephant
- a big seafood BBQ on the beach after the ceremony
- a chocolate fondue fountain
- releasing monarch butterflies as the newly married couple leaves the altar
- invitations that look like this!!
- customized fortune cookies
- having a fun theme wedding for friends separate from the boring banquet for family and people you don't really even know

Bravo to couples who come up with such unique ideas and keep the guests from getting bored!

No comments: