6.29.2005

back to Cali

I'm back finally after 3.5 weeks in Vancouver and 4.5 days in Toronto. Toronto was so damn hot I think it was almost comparable to Houston in July. 38 degrees C with humidex, which is 100.4 degrees F. Yeah that's pretty damn hot. The Toronto wedding was particularly unique. It had a movie theme so it was held in a movie theatre turned event venue. The sign outside the theatre announced "Austin Powers starring Sarah and Dan" and there was all sorts of groovy Austin Powers-esque dancing such as when the wedding party was introduced before dinner. I have to say the departure from the standard ceremony/banquet made it really fun and memorable. The tables were given movie titles instead of numbers (I sat at Tombstone) and the staff did a wonderful job keeping up with all the thirsty guests.

I am happy to be back though. Where the sun shines eveyday without turning the place into a damn oven, where I can sleep on my big bed with 400 thread count sheets and I can go out and see friends without trekking across town via city streets a la Vancouver.

No comments: