2.18.2004

Wednesdays and Thursdays are my homework days but right now I can't concentrate on anything. I just got an email from my favourite boss in the world (the guy offered to loan me money after I lost my job at Scale Eight to help me stay here and look for work). He is at Autodesk now in SF and is looking for marcom manager who would, I assume, report to him. I've just handed over in excess of $5K plus books for school this semester which basically puts me 1/4 of the way through my program. I've also developed a rapport with one professor who might get me a TA position for the summer too.

I've just replied to my ex boss asking what their visa policy is regarding H1-B because I'm a little scared of applying for a TN (long complicated story on that one). If the answer is "all clear on the H1-B" I'm headed for a VERY difficult dilemma in my life. Any advice? If I'm guaranteed a visa, do I ditch school and throw away the time, money, effort I've already spent? The visa and pay cheque and opportunity to work for an AWESOME boss would be what I have to weigh. As for the job itself, I've done that stuff before and can do it in my sleep, so it's a lateral move, not upward.

No comments: