2.02.2004

I don't know if it's a difference between Americans and Canadians or a difference between SFU and SFSU students or the fact that people 8 or 9 years younger than me are just of a different breed, but I noticed a lot of really rude and obnoxious behaviour as I sat in one of my prerequisite classes this morning. This is a 25 person production class where we're all seated in a little semi circle in 3 rows. The class started at 9:10 am and all the way up until 9:50, there was a constant stream of students straggling into the class late, some making no effort at all to sneak in quietly. One girl made a huge production of her arrival by walking right up to the prof as he was lecturing and asking him in a big voice (while chewing her gum real loud) "could you tell me what class this is?" I almost fell out of my chair. Evidently, she had found the wrong room. But rather then leave with her tail between her legs, she had the gall to stall our lecture further by asking the prof how to find the room she was looking for. He kindly pointed her in the right direction (the man either has incredible patience or is used to this shit from students) and she walked like someone doing a bad runway model impersonation back out into the hallway.

No comments: