2.19.2004

Man, I'm a sucker. I just got an email that told me that Ringo had been purchased by Tickle.com. So I signed in and poked around a bit. They're a Friendster copycat but covered in flashing banner ads and slightly disorganized. They've got some fun quizzes and stuff so I clicked through the handwriting analysis one. It took longer than I thought but it was kinda fun to pick out the sample that looked the most like my handwriting. When I hit the final submit button, all it told me was that I am trustworthy. To get more details, I would have to purchase the results. Bah. Anyways, I still like Friendster's layout and usability the best even though they need to do some serious upgrades to fix the slowness. Orkut isn't too bad. They would be my second choice. I'm not liking this Tickle thing. There's more advertising than personal space on your main page and it's tough to figure out in general.

No comments: