11.07.2003

it's been about 6 weeks since I turned in my grad school applications and neither of the schools i applied to have made their selections yet. That leads me to wonder, what do admissions departments do but review applications and make selections once per quarter? I mean, you've got a team of say 3-4 people and your job consists of nothing but reviewing applications, maybe a recruiting event here and there.

One, does that make for an interesting job? Two, how can it take you more than 6 weeks to review all the applications??? It's getting frustrating not knowing what I'll be doing with my life in the next 2 years. If I dont get into either school for whatever reason, there's no job waiting for me and finding one would be near impossible. I'd basically be screwed and would probably have to move back to vancouver and get some lame ass hourly job or scrape for contract work while living with (God forbid, my parents). So it's kind of important that I find out soon. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this predicament... or maybe I am.

No comments: