11.17.2003

I do not understand how people can live in filth. I have a box of curtains we took down from the last tenant. I've since sewn nice new curtains. The old ones were originally white/cream and are now grey and filthy...not even close to their original colour and they smell. It sickens me to even touch them.

If you can afford to put a roof over your head, you can afford to buy a few cleaning products and apply some effort to keep your place livable by human standards. The people who own a home next door to where I tutor have THE most disgusting place I have ever seen. Their front door is always wide open so you can see right in. There's dirty shag carpet and rotting boxes piled up everywhere in their living room. There's broken crap strewn all over the front lawn. And this is in Burlingame not Surrey, BC!

No comments: