11.27.2006

snow & bowling

Mother Nature caused my flight to be delayed 3 hours last night getting me to SEA past midnight, and me home at 1am which really sucks when you have a meeting in the morning. It snowed just a wee bit last night.

Now it's 5pm and as soon as I got off the bus, the snow started coming down like crazy in little snow balls about the size of fish eyeballs. Not as hard as hail but not as fluffy as snow. Here's how it looks RIGHT NOW. Good thing I don't have to drive anywhere because I'm pretty sure my car wouldn't make it up that incline you see there from the locked garage.


Snowy Seattle in November

Outside my place

In other news, my Thanksgiving weekend was fun. Lots of eating including fried turkey at our place and lunch at Shanghai Dumpling House in Millbrae which was delicious. I also coerced the gang to go bowling again and yes, I finally broke 100. So my theory is that drunkeness improves bowling ability to a certain point before it rapidly deterioriates -- I bowled 101 in game 1, 117 in game 2, and I scored 56 in game 3, an all time low.

Notice the impressive strike, gutter ball, strike combo in game 1.





















3 comments:

egan said...

You're a pretty good bowler. I hope you're enjoying your first "artic blast" of the season. The local media loves this stuff Van.

Robyn said...

haha! drinking totally messes with my (bowling) game. on good days i can break 100. it's sort of 50/50.

you do know what the weather is like in MI right? it hit like 65 today. ridiculous! snow is very pretty though. is it unusual for it to snow this much in seattle?

Anonymous said...

I wish you would've blackout my name.

:p