1.31.2005

ready, set, go

So last week I false started and thought classes started on the 26th. Duh. They actually start this week. I did almost everything I wanted to do on my break: go boarding, file stuff, get renter's insurance, reformat my computer, change out the lighting in our room, do scholarship research, read, clean out the storage room, major house cleaning, dump stuff at goodwill and edit some video. Sounds really lame but getting that long list of stuff done was a huge relief. Now I'm almost ready for the next wave of school hell - my last semester of course work which includes Pedagogy, Research Methods and Thesis Proposal. On top of that, instructing the department's writing lab and doing Toastmasters. I have a feeling all the other fun volunteer stuff like the SF Int'l Asian American Film Fest are going to have to rest this year. I think I might've bitten off more than I can chew but I don't have a choice as my visa requires I register for a certain number of courses. I'm poor and busy - my life for many years yet to come.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Holy cow, you've been busy. I know what you mean by it being a huge relief. It's the sum of all those little things that can really ride on you after a while, and it's nice to get rid of all of them.