1.13.2005

lost disk

I recently inherited a Sony Clie SJ30. Unfortunately the software that came with it is missing. No big deal I said to myself. You can always find this kinda stuff online just like drivers and what not. I was so wrong. You have to pay if you want any of the Intellisync software that originally came with the device.

With my IT ego larger than usual after just having installed W2K on a mean old computer I think to myself, I'll just search those geek forums. There is a workaround for everything. The solution I discover seems to be to just install the basic Palm Desktop. So I do that. Reboot, restart Outlook and look for that little hotsynch logo but it's not there. Back to the PalmOne web site. It reads:
The version of Palm Desktop that you can download from our website may not include conduits for synchronizing with Microsoft Outlook. These conduits are available on the CD that came with your handheld.
You bastards, why isn't it on the version you can download? If I'm downloading I obviously dont have the f*cking CD that came with my handheld.

3 comments:

Ben said...

Well, I applaud you for your earnest effort. Do a quick search on the peer-to-peer network, and you'll find Intellisync. I found several versions available, but wasn't sure what you were looking for, so I didn't download anything.

Fumbling said...

Man half the Torrent sites got shut down. I will give Kazaa Lite a try.

Ben said...

IM me or call me on my cell. :-)