1.26.2005

Jin vs. Miss Jones

Check out rapper Jin's response to Hot 97/Miss Jones's "Tsunami Song". Damn this guy thinks fast huh?
http://www.alljin.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12422

I typically can't listen to hip hop, I guess mainstream hip hop to be more specific. I don't know if it's the cussing, misogyny, violence, all the talk about money and material things or a combination of the above. But I have to admit there are artists out there, like Jin, who really do use hip hop to convey a message and a positive and meaningful one at that. It's kinda refreshing to hear stuff like that. But when I turn on the radio and get to a hip hop station, that's just not what I tend to hear. I guess once artists hit the big time, important messages get lost and all that matters is appealing to rebellious teenagers (with an allowance to spend) in order to get more airtime.

2 comments:

whatupwilly said...

Now check out how sad this shit is:

http://www.byroncrawford.com/2005/01/jin_tsunami_res.html

This blog post is a guy coming up with a dis track to Jin's track. Unbelievable! And some of the comments blow my mind too...

Anonymous said...

Oh shut up Will you fag. Jin is a fag too and nobody likes him. Furthermore, nobody cares if Miss Jones gets fired or not. Get over yourselves.