12.30.2003

I went for dim sum with parents today. We don't tend to do that often among friends. Day time activities in general dont happen often with us but that's a different story. Anyways, I don't think I'm used to the grease that comes with dim sum foods. Somehow I can stomach the occasional McD's or In and Out Burger but after dim sum, I always suffer a stomach ache for a good few hours afterward. My mom thinks that you have to go out and eat greasy food once in a while to keep your body accustomed to it or you'll get the runs every time. I have a hard time believing half of what my parents say for fear that it comes from the same line of reasoning as theories like wet hair giving you a nasty cold (did Chinese people of their generation not study biology or what?). One thing I did find out for sure (well I think for sure since I asked a guy doing his residency) is that people who move to a warm place will actually develop thinner blood such that returning home to a cold place becomes really difficult to bear. So there's the explanation for why I'm having such a hard time dragging myself out of the house, much less up to a mountain. I just cannot handle the cold anymore. It's been snowing here in my neighbourhood the last few days and it is cold as f*&% (that would be between -4 to about 4 C at best). Maybe that is causing the grease in my stomach to coagulate.

No comments: