5.17.2004

I realize that once in while I have a hard time concentrating on tasks that require a fair amount of my attention. But what really distracts me more than anything is sharing my table with someone who is even less focussed than I. The guy who is sitting across from me right now in the library study area unpacked his bags on the table here about 30 minutes ago. One macro-econ text, two folders of papers, a notebook and a laptop. After all that, he put his head down and slept for about 20 minutes. He was probably nearing his REM stage when I moved my laptop over in hopes of getting a better Internet connection. (didn't work). Anyways, I think the rubber feet on my laptop dragging across the table echoed through the top of the table and right into ear because it woke him up quite suddenly. Sorry dude. He has since picked up some paper back book but in the last 10 minutes has not turned one page. I can tell he is reading the same paragraph over and over again. Have I gotten much work done in this time? Well, no. Too busy surfing wedding sites for Gi, watching this guy sitting across from me, and now blogging about it.

No comments: