5.05.2004

Hanging out in the ugly, tiny, windowless, cement wall, basement level room we call a grad lounge, I heard another tidbit to file under "I can't believe how fucking stupid the undergrads in this school are". One of my peers is taking an undergrad (but upper level) psych course. The topic of discussion was how African Americans have higher blood pressure than people of other races in America. One student raised his hand and said "I think it, like, has to do with the civil rights movement." Woohoo, that definitely makes it in the top ten. I was told the prof then found some politically correct, non self-esteem damaging way to say that he'd completely missed the mark on that one. Apparently this is the student who, during introductions on the first day of class, informed everyone that he was taking the class because he had failed it once already.

No comments: