4.01.2004

There's so much going on with the Banzai and Details campaigns that I can't keep up with homework or studying. At least my field of study is highly related but still... If our lives didn't revolve around money, jobs to make money, higher education to get the money making jobs, i think i would make a "livelihood" of being a filmmaker/political activist/advocate for various minority and interest groups. I think even if I hadn't been laid off, I would've given in eventually and realized that making money for some freaking software company was just not a good use of the short time I have on this earth particularly when I have the energy and passion for things that are so much more important. It's getting to the point that I'm irked and infuriated by people with a "who cares" attitude when there are so many injustices in this world, so many wrongs that need to be made right. We live in a fucking democratic society, I wish more people would take advantage of their right to speak out and make their voices heard, whether for themselves or on behalf of the voiceless. Not being at least somewhat socially conscious is just plain selfish.

No comments: