4.18.2004

92.7 fm was our only all "dance" (i.e. mostly progressive, house and some cheezy techno, unfortunately, thrown into the mix) radio station. It wasn't perfect. The had a pretty limited collection and played stuff repeatedly and some of it was just techno-pop garbage. But it was the only station that was ALL electronic music. Tonight we turned on the radio on the way home from seeing Robot Stories and all of a sudden it was "92.7 The new home of hip hop". What the hell. How many more hip hop stations does the Bay Area really need? KMEL, Wild and now this? I'm sad. Now we just have Thump radio some nights which is awesome but it's not on all the time. I'm way too lazy to burn CDs and open my trunk and change up the CDs in my changer. Back to singing along to 80s hits I guess.

No comments: