10.14.2003

Why is it the good ones suffer most and the bad suffer least? My hamster from hell, named Furry, short for Furious was a mean little sh*t. He would not only bite you when you went anywhere near him, he would bite and not let go til you shook him off violently. You would be guaranteed to lose some blood after the ordeal. I never even picked him at the pet store, he was my freebie after I brought in a sweet little grey hamster, Smokey, who died within a couple weeks of my purchase. You technically get an "exchange" when your pet croaks within a given time. Lucky for me Furry was the loser hamster that no one else would take... the last one in the tank. He was simply untamable. This morning he died a sudden and painless death, as though he just fell over mid-step. While my sweet hamsters suffered with diabetes for weeks, wretched and squeaked until finally coming to a painful end with one last gasp for air. How unfair is that?

No comments: